Why Do Steel Roofs Leak?
- Roof corrosion due to ineffective roof coatings.
- Thermal shock loosens screws from expansion and contraction, causing corroded fasteners.
- Low pitch roofs.
- Original butyl caulking becomes brittle.
- Penetrations through roof, vents and equipment.
- Hail damage warps steel panels.
- Negative inside air pressure from fans or vents pulls water in.
- Improper construction.
When this happens, water will siphon around screws and through lap joints, sometimes traveling along beams and insulation for many feet before dripping. This causes deterioration of building, insulation, grain products, machinery and merchandise. Rust forms from the under side of the panel from wet insulation that never dries out. Also creating mold, wet floors and electrical junction fires causing SAFETY HAZARDS.
Every screw, lap joint, roof mounted equipment or HVAC unit is caulked with a quarter inch thick Sealco SPRAYCAULK Flexible Sealant applied at high pressure with special application equipment. Only these areas are sealed to stop leakage, SAVING 60% or more over other systems because you don’t coat the entire roof where it is not needed.
This method places more of the needed material on problem areas, thus saving you money and solving your problem. Sealco SPRAYCAULK Flexible Sealant not only stops screws from self-extracting, but also bonds panels together by injection into the seams and screws – stopping air leaks and reducing heating and cooling costs. It does not add any significant weight to the roof and increases strength and load capacity.
Heating and Cooling Units, Vents
Heating and cooling units, vents and hard to seal areas are SPRAYCAULKED to produce a highly flexible and water proof seal.
- Low cost per square foot.
- Outstanding adhesion.
- Weather resistant to sunlight, heat, and cold.
- Resists ponding water.
- Custom color matching to your building.
- 30+ year life expectancy.
- Retains adhesion and flexibility: -40 to +250 fahrenheit, 600% elongation.
- Environmentally safe, V.O.C. compliant, no solvents.
- Insurance estimates given.